Today I would like to share some of my knowledge how to write a killer web copy that attracts attention and converts leads into customers.
- Do write your web copy in a conversational style. That makes it more friendly and approachable
- Do use contractions. It’s intimate and more catches attention such as “I’ve” instead of “I have”, “we’ll” instead of “we will”
- Do use colloquialisms. You draw your reader closer, appear more friendly, more familiar and closer. Some of them have found their way into online communication: cool -> great / broke -> having little money / make waves -> causing trouble / laid-back -> calm relaxed. Avoid misleading and regional/locally based colloquialisms.
- Communicate a clear benefit / advantage
- Testimonials are very powerful. Position them strategically throughout your web copy.
- Don’t try to impress with fancy vocabulary and don’t be pompous. Your audience is smarter than you think!
Make it a great day and
Carina Beger – Woman Unleashed
Categories: Training and motivation